Chicken and Broccoli Pasta with White Lemon Sauce
Here’s a great way to rejuvenate that chicken from last night’s dinner. Combine it with pasta, broccoli and a creamy lemon sauce for a perfect, comforting meal the next day. It’s easier than you think, and it’s a great way to reinvent those days-old leftovers.
Chicken and Broccoli Pasta with White Lemon SauceServes: 4Time: 15 minutesIngredients: pound spaghetti (or whatever pasta/noodles you have on hand)2 cups fresh broccoli florets2 tbsp. butter2 tbsp. flourjuice and zest of 1 lemon (use a grater to zest the lemon)1/2 cup milk1/4 tsp. saltdash pepper1 1/2 cups cooked chicken meat, cut into bite-size chunks
1. Bring water in a large pot to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook eight to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain well. Lubricate empty pasta pot with a little butter or cooking oil and add the spaghetti back in, stirring to coat.
2. Meanwhile, bring a smaller pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the broccoli about 5 minutes. Drain well and immediately shock in a bowl of ice water to halt the cooking process so the broccoli keeps its green color.
3. For the sauce, melt butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir until a thick paste forms. Stir in lemon zest and juice, along with milk, salt and pepper. Continue stirring until thickened, about two minutes.
4. Stir chicken and broccoli into the sauce. Cook just until heated through, about another two minutes.
5. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving dish.
Thomas Wolfe is leaving his position as senior vice president and dean of student affairs to become the new president of Iliff School of Theology… Read more »
UPDATED: MAY 15, 4:35 p.m. Syracuse University students will soon see new living options in downtown Syracuse, after a new construction company revamps a vacant… Read more »
Syracuse-Yale pits strength against strength. The Orange offense has spent the better part of the season dissecting, and eventually obliterating the defenses standing in its… Read more »