Suspect arrested outside Whitman after reportedly taking ‘inappropriate photos’

Claire Samstag | Assistant News Editor

After the initial suspicious person call, the man, who SPD identified as Thomas Crudo, reportedly ignored police commands and attempted to flee in a vehicle. He crashed into two parked cars while attempting to flee, according to the statement.

The Syracuse Police Department arrested a man outside of Syracuse University’s Whitman School of Management Monday afternoon after the department received reports the man was taking “inappropriate photos of people,” according to an SPD statement to The Daily Orange.

During the encounter, a dog in Crudo’s car bit one of the responding officers. The officer was transported to the hospital with “non-life-threatening injuries.” After being arrested on various charges, Crudo was brought to the Onondaga County Justice Center for booking, SPD wrote.

In a separate statement to The D.O., Public Information Officer Matthew Malinowski wrote that the case is still in the process of being finalized as of 12 a.m. Wednesday.

This post will be updated with additional reporting.