Syracuse to take part in NIT Season Tip-Off in November

Alexandra Moreo | Senior Staff Photographer

Elijah Hughes takes a jumper in Syracuse's ACC Tournament matchup with Duke.

Syracuse will take part in the NIT Season Tip-Off tournament in November at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The Orange are joined in the field by Ole Miss, Oklahoma State and Penn State. Regional games of the event will take place at campus sites and be announced at a later date, while the competition at Barclays Center will take place the week of Thanksgiving.

This past November, Syracuse took part in the 2K Classic, which featured two games in the Carrier Dome against Eastern Washington and Morehead State, followed by two games at Madison Square Garden with Connecticut and Oregon. The Atlantic Coast Conference has already released that Syracuse will open the 2019-20 season with a home game against Virginia on Nov. 6.

Along with Syracuse, Ole Miss made this season’s NCAA Tournament, as an eight seed. The Rebels earned the program’s first Tournament berth since 2015 under SEC Coach of the Year Kermit Davis in his first season. Ole Miss’ leading scorer, Breein Davis, is a junior and could be back to take part in next season’s event.

Oklahoma State finished just 12-20 this season. The Cowboys are expected to return their star, Lindy Waters III, for his senior season. Penn State started slow and finished 14-18 this season. Lamar Stevens, the Nittany Lions’ star, will be a senior next season if he chooses to return to school.

The Orange are 0-1 all-time against Ole Miss, 2-3 against Oklahoma State and 62-43 against Penn State.