Former Syracuse defensive end Amir Ealey reportedly confirms details of alleged rape

Courtesy of the Syracuse Police Department

Ealey was dismissed from SU’s football team on Feb. 4 of last year after being suspended indefinitely in November 2015.

Former Syracuse defensive end Amir Ealey confirmed details of his alleged July 2015 rape incident, police testified at a hearing Friday morning, according to Syracuse.com.

Ealey, who played in seven games for SU as a freshman in 2015, was arrested and charged last March with two counts of rape in the third degree for incidents that allegedly occurred in Ernie Davis residence hall. In September, the charges were upgraded to one count of first-degree rape and two counts of third-degree rape. Even though he pleaded not guilty in September, Ealey confirmed details of the incident made by the two alleged victims to police, an officer said Friday morning.

The victims of the incidents were acquaintances of Ealey’s, per Syracuse Police Department.

“He knew the people,” said Syracuse Police Sergeant Michael Murphy, one of the detectives who interviewed Ealey in March, per Syracuse.com. “He was aware of the allegation. He acknowledged specific points of the sexual encounter occurring. He acknowledged the aftermath, being confronted by both victims. He acknowledged having a (sexually transmitted disease) as part of the investigation.”

New York state law considers first-degree rape as engaging in sexual intercourse with another person by ‘forcible compulsion,’ through physical force or a threat. It is punishable up to 25 years in prison.

Ealey was dismissed from SU’s football team on Feb. 4 of last year after being suspended indefinitely in November 2015.

A judge is expected to make a decision in March and a trial date was set for Oct. 2.