Juice Jam 2016

Fetty Wap to headline Juice Jam 2016

Moriah Ratner | Staff Photgrapher

Juice Jam will take place 28 days after the first day of classes. The latest the event has been held in several years.

Rapper Fetty Wap will headline Juice Jam 2016 on Sunday, Sept.25, University Union announced Friday afternoon.

Pop artist Tove Lo, DJ and producer Marshmello, rapper D.R.A.M., indie electronic artist Stephen and rock artist LOLO will perform on the concert’s two stages.

This year is the 13th-annual Juice Jam and it will take place at Skytop Field on South Campus. Doors for the event will open at noon and performances will begin at 12:10 p.m., according to a UU press release.

Syracuse University and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students will be able to purchase tickets for $20 with a school ID. Students can buy a maximum of two tickets.

Tickets will go on sale Saturday at 12 p.m. at Gate E of the Carrier Dome and will be sold until 6 p.m. The ticket booth will sell tickets on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Tickets will continue to be on sale daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. until Sept. 16 or until the event is sold out.

New Jersey rapper Fetty Wap launched onto the rap scene with his hit single “Trap Queen,” which peaked at No. 2 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart in May 2015.

As an independent artist in 2015, Fetty Wap released six charting singles becoming the biggest-selling indie artist of the year.  Since then he has signed with 300 Entertainment and  his self-titled album “Fetty Wap” has gone platinum.

This will be Fetty Wap’s second trip to campus, performing in April 2015 as a  part of the Greek Unity Fest.

Stockholm’s Tove Lo mixes electropop with highsoaring lyrics to capitivate her audiences. She is best known for her hits “Habits (Stay High),” “Love Me Like You Do” and “Talking Body.”

Her sophomore album “Lady Wood” is set to release on October 28,  and her single “Influence,” featuring Wiz Khalifa was released today.

EDM producer and DJ Marshmello received  international recognition in 2015 with his remixes of Zedd’s “Beautiful
Now” and Jack Ü’s “Where Are U Now.”

Rapper D.R.A.M. broke on the scene with his single “Cha Cha” in 2015. His recent song “Broccoli” ft. Lil Yachty reached No. 19 spot on the Billboard Hot 100.

Los Angeles-based artist Stephen is an up-and-comer. His recently released first album, “Sincerley” has millions of listens on Spotify.

Singer-songwriter LOLO’s  debut album, “In Loving Memory of When I Gave a Sh*t,”  was released today.

The event’s date is later than in past years due to several scheduling conflicts.

Yellow school buses to Skytop Field will begin running from both College Place and Stadium Place at 11 a.m. on Sunday.