Syracuse University names Jeffrey Stanton as next associate provost for academic affairs

Jeffrey Stanton, former interim dean of Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies, has been named the university’s next associate provost for academic affairs.

Jeffrey Stanton, former interim dean of Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies, has been named SU’s next associate provost for academic affairs.

Stanton’s appointment is effective July 1, the university announced Tuesday. He’ll take over for Andria Costello Staniec, who served in the role for more than four years. Costello Staniec will take a one-year leave before returning in 2017 to the faculty of the College of Engineering and Computer Science, where she was a faculty member before being appointed associate provost.

Stanton served as interim dean of the iSchool from from January 2015 to May 2016 while Liz Liddy, the school’s full-time dean, served as SU’s interim vice chancellor and provost. Before that, he was the school’s senior associate dean.

Stanton said in the SU News release announcing his appointment that he is “looking forward to continuing the excellent work that Andria has been doing.”

“I’m optimistic that my lengthy experience as a faculty member here at Syracuse, together with some of the administrative work I have done, will allow me to work effectively with all the people whose efforts depend on the academic affairs office,” he said in the release.