Volleyball

Syracuse wins last three sets, beats Notre Dame, 3-1

Syracuse made quick work of Notre Dame at the SU Women’s Building on Wednesday night, topping the Fighting Irish, 3-1.

After Sunday’s 3-1 victory at Pittsburgh, the Orange (22-8, 13-6 Atlantic Coast) notched its 22nd win of the season, and sixth in the month of November, with the drubbing of Notre Dame (7-24, 2-17).

SU was lead by senior hitter Silvi Uattara, who tallied 20 kills in the victory. She was followed by senior hitters Nicolette Serratore and Monika Salkute, with 15 and 12 kills, respectively.

Senior setter Gosia Wlaszczuk assisted her teammates 43 times in the win.

The Orange got off to a slow start, dropping the first set, 29-27, but won the next three sets by at least eight points.

The Orange’s hitting percentage was stellar, rounding out at 40.6. Notre Dame was far behind, posting a percentage of just 17.8.

SU also outmatched the Fighting Irish defensively, notching 12 blocks in the victory. Notre Dame scored just three total blocks in the four set match.

Leah Levert, currently No. 2 in the ACC in blocks per set with 1.41, tallied a game-high six blocks for the Orange.

Syracuse also posted 69 digs, 20 of them coming from Belle Sand, and 16 from Serratore. The Fighting Irish mustered just 54.

The Orange finishes it’s regular season Friday at the SU Women’s Building against No. 15 Louisville. The Cardinals are currently No. 1 in the ACC and topped the Orange, 3-1, earlier this season. The match is set for 1 p.m.