weekend plans

Weekend Plans: Syracuse Snarl Show, Life In Color

Frankie Prijatel | Staff Photographer

Look out for LED gloves like these at Life In Color.

This weekend’s calendar features a fashion show in a haunted theater, a paint-infused rave and racing in the dirt. To read about these and more, check out Pulp’s weekend plans. Click on the headings to learn more.

Syracuse Snarl Show

1008_P_spec_courtesy

Courtesy of Syracuse Fashion Week

Fashion will emulate horror this weekend at the Syracuse Snarl Show, a fashion show at the Landmark Theater. Models will walk down the runway dressed in fake gore as well as high fashion in the spirit of Halloween. Taking place in one of Syracuse’s most famous haunted locales, the show will start off as a normal fashion show but will slowly become more theatrical. Some looks will be based off of well-known horror movies like “Carrie” and “Poltergeist.” Tickets to the show include the after party and cost $10. If you’re feeling especially festive, come in costume and take a shot at winning the costume contest.

Life In Color

100815_P_life in color_Courtesy

Courtesy of Paul Reed

Life In Color is taking over The Oncenter this Friday in an explosion of paint and sound. The “World’s Largest Paint Party” will feature DJs Steve Aoki, David Solano and Reid Stefan, as well as tons of neon paint. Paul Reed, the director of marketing for LIC, said in an email that this tour is the largest production LIC has put on yet. If you’re lucky, you might even get caked in the face by Steve Aoki. If you don’t know what that is, read this preview of the event. Tickets for the concert are still on sale and are between $55 and $85.

Super DIRT Week

Car racing fans should head down to the New York State Fairgrounds this weekend for Super DIRT Week. The event is the largest dirt racing event in the Northeast, according to a Sept. 1 syracuse.com article. Events at the track started on Wednesday and will go through this upcoming Sunday. This is the last time the race series will be in Syracuse as renovations planned for the fairgrounds include tearing up the track. The event is looking into locations in Oswego County, among others, for its new venue.

“Pan” and “Steve Jobs” premiere

This Thursday, see two movies for the price of one with Orange After Dark. The group will head to Destiny USA once again, this time for the premieres of “Pan” and “Steve Jobs.” “Pan” tells the story of Peter Pan and Hook’s origins and “Steve Jobs” is a biopic of the iconic Apple co-founder. The film, written by SU alumnus Aaron Sorkin, is broken up around the release of three products: the Macintosh, NeXT computer and iMac. Before you go, check out columnist Kyle Steven’s take on biopics and the film’s trailer. Buses will leave Schine Student Center at 10 p.m. and tickets cost $3 with both films included.