Crime

SU students robbed at gunpoint on Ostrom Avenue late Wednesday night

Hannah Wagner | Staff Photographer

Syracuse police gather near where students reported being robbed at gunpoint late Wednesday night in the 200 block of Ostrom Avenue.

Three Syracuse University students reported being robbed at gunpoint at their home on the 200 block of Ostrom Avenue late Wednesday night, police said.

The students, two 24-year-olds and one 21-year-old, reported around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday that while they were in their off-campus apartment, they heard a knock at their front door. When they opened the door, two men wearing surgical masks pushed their way into the apartment, according to the Syracuse University Department of Public Safety.

The men had handguns and knives, according to DPS, and demanded the students’ car keys, wallets and cell phones. The suspects, described as being in their late 20s, left the students’ apartment with one of the student’s vehicles, a Porsche SUV.

The Syracuse Police Department recovered the proceeds, or belongings that were taken, of the robbery in the parking lot of 201 Seeley Rd. shortly after, according to an SPD release. No injuries were reported.

The armed robbery is the first armed robbery reported by DPS since Sept. 10, 2014 when an SU student was robbed at gunpoint on the 100 block of Comstock Avenue.