Jim Boeheim will reportedly attend NCAA appeal hearing Monday

Jim Boeheim will be in Indianapolis Monday for his NCAA appeal hearing, per Syracuse.com. He expects to hear back on the appeal in November.

Updated: Sept. 30, 2015 at 6:41 p.m.

Jim Boeheim will be in Indianapolis Monday for his NCAA appeal hearing, per Chris Carlson of Syracuse.com. ESPN’s Andy Katz reported that Boeheim will use Southern Methodist head coach Larry Brown’s recent nine-game suspension as a comparison in the appeal, but Boeheim told Syracuse.com that’s not the case.

Boeheim wouldn’t comment to Syracuse.com on Katz’s report.

Previously, Boeheim has said if he were to appeal the nine-game suspension, he’d appeal the part of the sanction that prohibits him from coaching the team in practice during that span. He added that he’d accept the penalty of not being able to coach in the first nine conference games.

Boeheim told Syracuse.com that he expects to find out the ruling on his appeal some time in November.

This week, Brown was suspended nine games by the NCAA but will be allowed to coach in American Athletic Conference games. After Brown first learned of a potential violation, he was not initially truthful with the NCAA, a charge not levied against Boeheim in Syracuse’s case.

Brown, who was also cited for a lack of head coach control, has been the coach of two other teams, UCLA and Kansas, at times when the NCAA has sanctioned them. Boeheim’s suspension stemmed from a failure-to-monitor charge.