University Union

Isaiah Rashad to headline 2nd Bandersnatch concert of spring semester on March 17

Isaiah Rashad, a hip-hop artist, will headline Syracuse University’s second Bandersnatch Concert Series show of the spring semester, University Union announced on Twitter Tuesday night.

New Orleans hip-hop artist Pell will be performing as direct support, according to a University Union press release. The show will take place March 17 in Schine Underground at 8 p.m.

Tickets will go on sale at Schine Box Office starting Wednesday and will cost $5 for SU and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students. A valid student ID is required to purchase tickets and to gain entry to the show.

Rashad is a member of Top Dawg Entertainment. The label also features top hip-hop artists Kendrick Lamar and Schoolboy Q. In 2014, Rashad released his debut EP “Cilvia Demo” which peaked at No. 40 on the Billboard 200 music charts. He has been named to XXL Magazine’s “freshman list,” which highlights the year’s biggest breakthrough rap artists, according to the release. This list also features hip-hop artists Chance The Rapper and Vic Mensa. 

Pell has performed with artists Waka Flocka Flame, Joey Badass and Juicy J. Pell was born and raised in New Orleans’ 7th Ward. He was forced to relocate to Starkville, Mississippi following Hurricane Katrina in 2005, according to his website. He released his debut EP, “Feel Good Summer,” in 2013, and released his debut album “Floating While Dreaming” in 2014 for free.

The first Bandersnatch concert of the spring semester will be held Wednesday and will feature bands Magic Man and Panama Wedding.