alan gerry center for media innovation

Tickets to see Oprah to go on sale Wednesday

Students hoping to see Oprah Winfrey and others speak on Sept. 29 will be able to get free tickets starting Wednesday morning.

Tickets to attend the event go on sale at 11 a.m. at the Schine Student Center Box Office and are limited to one per student. Each person needs a valid Syracuse University ID to acquire a ticket.

If there are still tickets left, they will be made available again to SU students on Thursday. Any remaining tickets will then be made available to the general public on Friday at noon.

Winfrey will speak at 1 p.m. in Goldstein Auditorium on Sept. 29 as part of a day-long series of events to dedicate the Newhouse Studio and Innovation Center. Winfrey’s remarks will be brief, as the event at Goldstein will also include remarks from Chancellor Kent Syverud, Donald Newhouse, students and faculty, said Wendy Loughlin, director of communications and media relations for the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, in an email.

Doors to the event in Goldstein will close at 1 p.m. that day.

The dedication ceremony at Newhouse II will follow the events in Goldstein. The ceremony will mark the grand re-opening of Newhouse II, which is currently undergoing an $18 million renovation. Features of the Newhouse Studio and Innovation Center will include the Dick Clark Studios, Alan Gerry Center for Media Innovation and the Digital News Center.