Comedian John Mulaney cancels show at SU

Comedian John Mulaney has canceled his Oct. 11 performance in Goldstein Auditorium.

Mulaney was scheduled to perform as part of Orange Central, Syracuse University’s annual homecoming celebration. Details regarding the event, including already purchased tickets, will be announced in the next few days, Courtney Jones, assistant director of the Office of Student Activities, said in an email.

Tickets for Mulaney’s show, presented by the Traditions Commission, went on sale at the Schine Box Office Monday to SU students and faculty. But when students went to purchase tickets on Tuesday, they were notified that the show had been canceled. A box office employee said they were working on getting a different comedy act to come to campus.

In addition, he said students who had already purchased tickets could get a refund if they bring their ticket back, as long as the box office manager is present.

Mulaney’s new show “Mulaney,” premieres on FOX on Oct. 5. He was previously named one of Variety’s 10 Comics to Watch in 2008, and he began working at Saturday Night Live the same year. Mulaney worked as a writer at SNL, where, with the help of former cast member Bill Hader, he helped create the character Stefon.

The comedian has also released two stand-up specials. His first, “The Top Part,” was released in 2009. “New in Town,” which aired on Comedy Central, premiered in 2012.