Burglary

Second alleged Hall of Languages burglar pleads not guilty, will appear in court again April 30

A Syracuse man arrested outside Hall of Languages in February pleaded not guilty to a burglary charge in Onondaga County Court on Wednesday morning.

Christopher “Shinobi” Dugger was arraigned only for the felony third-degree burglary charge on Wednesday. A criminal trespass charge against Dugger is pending in city court as well.

The Syracuse University Department of Public Safety arrested Dugger and Duncan “Wonderboy” Miller on Feb. 15 after a foot chase outside Hall of Languages. They were found with laptops that belonged to SU worth about $1,000.

Dugger entered the courtroom in custody with his hands bound and a chain wrapped around his waist over tan prison garments. He wore glasses and stood during the arraignment, mostly quiet and motionless.

County Court Judge Joseph Fahey set a pretrial hearing for April 30. Fran Walter, who represented Dugger on Wednesday morning, said he couldn’t speak on the status of the additional charges as he only represents Dugger on the burglary charge.

He did say, however, that an offer of two-to-four years in prison to resolve all the charges has been discussed previously.

Fahey set Dugger’s bail at $25,000 cash or bond, citing a prior felony. Dugger is currently being held in the Onondaga County Justice Center.