Winter wonderland wishlist: Snowboarding apparel doesn’t leave adventurers out in the cold

Women’s Equipment:

Goggles: Spy B4BC Pink and Black $120

These goggles are not only stylish, but all the proceeds go to benefit Boarding for Breast Cancer, an organization dedicated to increasing awareness about breast cancer. Go to b4bc.org for more products and information.

Jacket: Betty Rides ATB Snowboard Jacket Tan/White $160

This coat features a three-way adjustable zip-off hood, and it’s super lined to be extra cozy. It’s also made by a snowboarding company that caters just to women, so it’s tailored to fit your shape.

Pants: Burton Cruizer Insulated Pant Kilim Red $179.95

These are the warmest pants in the Burton line for women and will keep you going long after everyone else has gone in for cocoa. The vertical cutlines give the pants a slimming profile, perfect for the ladies who love to ride.

Hat: Coal Headwear The Cascade Flap $40

This company was started by a professional snowboarder, and the headwear it makes is more than an accessory. This hat is a real gem. It has a built-in scarf, so you’ll never be cold again.

Gloves: Burton Toaster Mitt/Toaster Under Mitt Each $39.90

This mitten is fitted with Thermacore insulation to keep your fingers warm on the coldest days, as well as a heater/vent pocket so you can warm up even more or release some the heat if necessary. The mitten comes in two styles, one that goes over the cuff of your jacket and another for those who prefer to tuck their mittens into their sleeve.

Base and second layer: Burton Crown Royal Crew $43.95

Burton Crown Royal Pant $39.95

Burton Rizzo Pullover Hoodie $64.95

The Crown Royal Crew and Pant long underwear are a great, fashionable first layer. The waffle weave stays tight to your body to trap heat, and when layered with the stylish fleece Rizzo Pullover Hoodie, you’ll have a completely cute – and toasty – under-outfit.

Socks: Burton Fair Isle Sock $18

These heavyweight socks are wool, acrylic, nylon and spandex, so they’ll keep you warm and stretch to fit your feet. Their stylish Nordic-influenced pattern is an adorable bonus.

Boots: DC Judge Boot 2006 $240

This boot is one of DC’s lightest, most flexible and strongest boots made just for women. The boots are equipped with DC’s special air, gel and heat technology, so they’ll keep you extra-warm when you hit the slopes.

Bindings: Salomon Poison $219.95

These bindings are made specifically for women who like to rip. They are not just men’s bindings made smaller; they are specially formulated with features for women. The ratchet tabs are more convenient, ankle straps provide more comfort and circulation and most importantly, the highback is shaped with the anatomy of a women’s calf in mind.

Board: Ride Solace $329.95

This versatile board is perfect for hitting the park or cruising the hill. It features soft flex and new Sidewall for more control, riding ease and more mobility. The extra flexibility is perfect for female riders who are generally smaller then their male counterparts so they can rip just as big.

Men’s Equipment:

Snowboard: Burton Vapor $899.99

Forged deep in the woods of Vermont, the new flagship Burton snowboard is supposed to be the lightest ever. With high-tech base material and the usual slew of Burton innovations, this is going to be on every snowboarder’s wish list. If you can rationalize spending this kind of bank on a new board, go for it.

Men’s Goggles: Spy Orbit goggle $135.00

The most important thing to keep in mind when choosing goggles is style. Spy’s Orbit has a classic design that will look great with any outfit. Just don’t wear them backwards. Seriously.

Men’s pants: Volcom Rescue pants $209.95

Pants are important. Show everyone else you think so by rocking these screen-printed pantalones on the hill. Ample pockets to hold all your goodies and reinforced wear areas make sure you’ll have no problem keeping these on.

Men’s mitts: Level Gloves Half Pipe mitt $99.99

Snowboarding can be dangerous. And cold. Luckily, the folks over at Level Gloves have addressed both of these concerns. Their Half Pipe mitt has a built-in wrist guard and some toasty insulation.

Men’s jacket: Burton/Motorola Audex Jacket $599.00

Ever wanted to listen to your iPod while riding? And answer your phone? At the same time? This modern marvel is the answer to the young, rich attentive-deficient snowboarder. With speakers built into the hood and an electronic interface with external controls, you can plug your iPod right into the coat. If you have a Bluetooth cell phone, you can pick up incoming calls by pressing a button on the coat’s external display screen.

Men’s boots: Burton Ruler $189.99

The Ruler has long been a favorite at mountains in the East, with its compromise of style and affordability. The lacing system is designed to be operated quickly, and it has molded components that will make your feet feel right at home.

Men’s bindings: Ride EX $169.95

Ride’s bindings have always been great, and the EX is not one to disappoint. With rebound rods in the high back and a convertible toe-strap, there’s plenty of flexibility to keep you going in the park or in the pow.

Men’s hat: Burton Posi Pom Beanie $40.00

It’s got a pom on it! C’mon!

Men’s first layer: Bonfire Fusion Top $29.95

Nothing is more important than keeping warm. It all starts with the first layer, and then snowballs outward, pun intended. You may have a super-warm jacket, but if your shirt is not up to snuff, you’ve got nothing. Bonfire’s base layer is the perfect starting point.